Disharmony, Disunity.
I never understood why or how there could be disunity in the church, when we all stand to believe in one God. But there lies examples of disharmony anyway, because we're all human. And that frustrates me (sometimes).
This entry isn't published to offend, criticize or mock at anyone in particular. Please believe me when I say that. I'm saying this beforehand because I'm not quite capable of holding back my emotions today.
Girls, why do we act like hurting other girls is okay, when it's not? Why do we gossip when we know it'll eventually reach the other person? Why do we publicly insult each other, for everyone else to judge and criticize?
Why is it all okay? Why has it become okay for us to do this and pretend it's the norm? Even in church.
I'm not saying I'm guiltless but I reckon and recognise that it's all wrong; This cycle is all wrong. What I'm trying to say is: It doesn't have to be this way. Just because the world has landed itself in such a cycle, doesn't mean we have to follow suit.
Guys, why do you back up the girls if you know what we're saying is hurtful to another? Or why do you join in sometimes, and end up doing the exact same thing?
This entry was written because I've seen and read things on social networking websites, that are not edifying. And that tugged on one of my heartstrings, called 'discontent' or otherwise known as 'anger'.
I'm so dissatisfied with where we're at, at how we're constantly at war with each other just because we fail to say how we really feel to the people who need to hear it most.
If we dare to make a statement about someone else, why can't we have the same courage to tell that someone, straight up? We all know how bad it hurts when you find out about what one said about you behind your back. So just why do we keep doing that? It has to stop somewhere.
Every war that started, ended. Friendships have also ended because of disharmony and disunity in the church. I'm praying this war will stop, because I've seen many casualties leaving the church, either returning with a vengeance or not returning at all. It just doesn't make sense to me and it isn't worth it at all. Their lives matter too. Why should we compromise? What right do we have to deem their lives less important?
I need a thorough self-check. I think we all do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home